Dear Shareholders, Residents and Browsers
It gives me great pleasure to WELCOME you to our newly re-structured Givons Grove Estate Limited (“GGEL”) website. This is still a “work in progress” with further changes yet to take place but as you navigate our website, I hope you learn more about Givons Grove and what it means to be a resident on the Estate as well as about GGEL, and that you like what you see.
The Givons Grove Estate (“Estate”) covers some 138 acres on which there are 117 properties and about two and a half miles of private roads.
GGEL is the Company that owns and manages the roads, verges and some of the footpaths on the Estate. The GGEL Board is comprised of Estate residents who all volunteer their time and effort for free not only to run the Company but also to help to make Givons Grove an even greater place to live.
In addition to managing the company’s assets, including applying reasonable safety measures such as tree maintenance and road signage, and maintaining the physical environment of the Estate, one of GGEL’s key aims is to also support the community environment on the Estate.
GGEL does this in a number of ways:
- Providing space on this website for our Givons Grove Community that includes helpful information relating to living on the Estate and details of some local activities
- Supporting our Neighbourhood Watch (“NHW”) including providing it with its own location on this website and we work together on initiatives where there is a clear community need (e.g. COVID-19)
- Providing a platform, support and leadership to support projects where there is a clear mandate from the majority of shareholders to improve the Estate – our recent Fibre to Premises project being a great example of this.
- Promoting a community spirit by providing support and a platform for other social activities such as the Givons Grove Newsletter and special interest groups, including:
- Providing website space
- Circulation of notices
- Assistance with accounting
- Supporting the community by representing residents’ interests on local matters where the Company’s status and structure permits it.
On behalf of all of the board of Directors of GGEL, I hope that the content of this website will help you in whatever journey you are currently on, whether this is as an already long-term resident of Givons Grove who is seeking information or perhaps someone who is making the first tentative enquiries about potentially moving to Givons Grove or possibly a professional gathering information about the Estate.
I trust that you will enjoy navigating through our website but if you have any questions not answered today please use our contact form and one of our directors will be happy to do their best to assist.
Givons Grove Estate Limited